2.03.2006

Self-medicating with fiber

This has been a rough week - the highs have been high, but the lows, well, you don't want to know. Time for some fiber therapy.

This is what I've been spinning up the last few days:



Singles



Plied



Skeined

This is from a mystery roving I picked up at the Michigan Fiber Fest. It is wool, with at least some mohair and silk. I am not sure what stall I picked it up from - either Homestead Sheep & Fiber, Goat Hill Farm, or Five Sisters Dry Goods. Anyone recognize it?

I've been practicing my long draw technique, in hopes that this yarn will be a bit more woolen and lofty. These fibers are especially long-staple and soft, so it has practically been spinning itself.

This particular skein is going to Nancy, for a sampler afghan she is making for Nate. I sorta want to keep it.

Here's another skein headed for Nancy, for an undetermined project. I haven't set the twist yet, and I've got quite a bit more to spin. It is from this merino and silk roving hand-dyed by Tracy Bunkers, aka Bonkers. I got it at the Michigan Fiber Fest, as a thank-you for hauling my Lendrum back from Milwaukee. It was especially selected for its sunny gaudiness. It makes me happy.

Too good to be true
Rock 'n Roll Preschool
Spindling at Sweetwaters
Big honkin' roses
The day I dyed
a skein a mile long
Hissing Cockroaches and Kinetic Contraptions
Killer Llama
Lynne needs....
Postcards from Freddy
My Local Yarn Store
Knitty
Crack for Knitters