4.23.2006

The finger fairy

Brian has a new smile:

The first morning that Brian discovered a shiny Sacajawea dollar under his pillow, Evan decided he wanted a piece of the action. When I went to get him out of his crib, he was wiggling his finger and muttering. I asked him what was wrong, to which he replied "I have a loose finger."

Since then he has had several other loose body parts, most notably a loose nose. Apparently along came a blackbird and snipped it off. We need to cut back on the Mother Goose, clearly.



OK OK, enough cute kid stories. Obligatory knitting content - my latest socks:




















I'm not going to even try to explain where I have been for the last two months, aside from San Diego and Chicago and good old Ann Arbor. I haven't fallen off the face off the earth, really. Just been very, very busy. Work has been insane, but tolerable, and I have lost 27 pounds. Our tiny yard is starting to bloom - daffodils, tulips, a crabapple, rhododendron. I continue to knit, slowly.

More later. Thanks to Janice/Rabbitch for the kick in the arse that got me blogging this morning.
Snugglicious
Fleece Fair
because really, it's all about me
I died and went to heaven
Fat Singles
ho, hum
Fanmail from Some Flounder
Self-medicating with fiber
Too good to be true
Rock 'n Roll Preschool
My Local Yarn Store
Knitty
Crack for Knitters