5.09.2005

Do these stripes make my ankles look fat?

OK, so people with thick ankles should probably knit their fair isle socks side-to-side for a more slimming effect. Who cares if my ankles are, ahem, sturdy? I can hardly wait to knit the second one so I can wear these babies everywhere.


First sock!

After several false starts I went with the very simple and flexible Ann Norling sock pattern, with a traditional heel flap and gusset. It was a confidence builder and now I am mentailly prepared to tackle other types of socks. Well, once I make sock number two.

My friend Kate finished her first sock Saturday. Her ankles are better proportioned. Sigh.
Road trip
Espresso Explosion
An embarrassment of riches
Rhapsody in blue
Bitter grounds
When will I knit again?
Knitting around town
The more things change, the more they stay the same
Score!
Vaguely scatalogical
My Local Yarn Store
Knitty
Crack for Knitters