4.26.2005

Knitting around town

I've been attending a monthly spinning group with Anne for a few months. Last night Fran helped me with the drop spindle I got at Spinner's Flock last year. I keep breaking the yarn and getting the spin up in the drafting zone, but I think I am starting to understand what is going on.

Sunday I met a new friend Leah at Sweetwaters and taught her how to knit. She's already knitting like a rock star. Seriously, it was amazing how quickly she caught on. She completed an entire pencil cozy during our session.

Tonight I am heading back to Sweetwaters for a meeting of the fledgling Ann Arbor Knit In group. If you are reading me from AA, please come join us.

I'd post some pics, but I'm heading out for a job interview in an hour, and I still have to iron my blouse and park the toddler somewhere. Don't wish me luck, because if I get the job, when will I ever knit?
The more things change, the more they stay the same
Score!
Vaguely scatalogical
Green is the color of spring
My next victim
Muskrat love
The transformation
More signs of spring in Ann Arbor
String Scrubbie Smackdown
I am a fiber animal
My Local Yarn Store
Knitty
Crack for Knitters