4.01.2005

Instant gratification

This isn't knitting, but I had to share:

machine sewn skirt, black linen with multicolored lizards
And she sews, too!

After we lined the felted bag, Nancy helped me make this skirt. I used to sew in a previous life (like 25 years ago - yes, I am that old), but I haven't used my machine in years.

Note the adorable lizards:
colorful lizard closeup
Lizards, up close and personal.

I am working hard at finishing a few small projects. I have a bad case of startitis right now, and nothing seems to get done for one reason or another. It felt good to actually complete a project, even if it wasn't knitting.

Over the weekend I read How to Be Good, by Nick Hornby. I enjoyed it immensely, and promptly checked out a couple of his other books from the library. My startitis extends to reading as well, so it also felt good to finish a book for a change.

I got this alpaca/tencel in the mail from Mark today, in exchange for some Tahki Cotton Classic:

quechua from Elann.com, alpaca/tencel blend
A great trade!

I think the grayish blue will make a lovely scarf.

Every bag has a purple lining
Odds and ends
Ribbon scrunchie - free pattern
More backfill - Kool Aid and felting
The ice cream diet
Instant blog fodder
Everything you never wanted to know about me
The gift of wool
Knitting slump and Googlewhack
Crochet geeks
My Local Yarn Store
Knitty
Crack for Knitters