3.18.2005

Knitting slump and Googlewhack

I am in a knitting slump, still struggling to match the gauge on that second (actually third) baby sleeve. My excuse for not sharing a photo: I don't want to spoil the surprise for the lucky receipient. Actually I have been too busy searching for the one true googlewhack to pick up the camera. Or knit. I have been specializing in knitting-related whacks. My favorite to date is "nostepinde disco."

If you are reading my blog you probably don't need time-wasting advice. But if you are looking for some high-quality, non-blog-related internet time-wasting activity, googlewhack is the answer.

I will be leaving soon for a long day at the insane asylum yarn shop (big sale today). So I leave you with photos of knitting from last year. Lest you think this is randomly selected collection of old knitting photos, there is a theme: "Lynne's knitting firsts." There's even a subplot: "low resolution digital photography."


The first sweater I ever knit - Elizabeth Zimmerman's Baby Surprise Jacket.


First socks I ever knit. Ann Norling basic sock pattern, Cascade Fixation.


First hat I ever knit. Note the messed up, yet charming, decreases.


First Kool Aid dying experiment, with swatch for seaming practice .


First (of many) pairs of Fuzzy Feet

Tomorrow's theme - more Kool Aid, more felting.

Crochet geeks
The many colors of Kool Aid
(Open) Signs of Spring in Ann Arbor
And my new best friend is....
Beginner's Fair Isle Baby Hat - free pattern
The fifth obsession
Why is this woman smiling?
Fair Isle practice
Cakewalk Karma
Two birds with one stone
My Local Yarn Store
Knitty
Crack for Knitters