3.27.2005

Odds and ends

First things first - to answer questions from Kitt and Janice - I made the baby slippers from the pattern "pitter patter" in Encyclopedia of Knitting by Donna Kooler. It is a great pattern, with short row shaping, all done in garter stitch. They only take about an hour. I don't know how the Fibertrends version is constructed but the end result is very similar.

About the book - it was a gift and at first I wasn't too impressed, but it has grown on me. It includes a decent stitch pattern library and several useful basic patterns (top-down raglan, Philosopher's Wool cardigan, reversible cable wrap, felted hat, dog sweater). I still might not buy it, but I am glad I have it.

Mark wants to know what is under the scrunchy (scrunchie?) - it is Twilley's Cotton Freedom.

Bev wants to be interviewed - here are your questions:
  1. As a lawyer, what is your professional opinion about knitting while on jury duty, either in the jury box or during deliberation?
  2. How long have you been knitting?
  3. Have you ever knit anything for your 17 year old son that he lost? If the answer is yes, did you ever knit for him again?
  4. You are a gardener - do you ever find knitting inspiration from the garden, or vice-versa?
  5. What is the strangest thing you have ever knit?
I've started a new blog, a simple daily record of the state of my teenager's room. If you have a teenager, especially one who lives like an animal, you might want to drop by. I promise it will make you feel better to know someone's kid is messier than yours.
Ribbon scrunchie - free pattern
More backfill - Kool Aid and felting
The ice cream diet
Instant blog fodder
Everything you never wanted to know about me
The gift of wool
Knitting slump and Googlewhack
Crochet geeks
The many colors of Kool Aid
(Open) Signs of Spring in Ann Arbor
My Local Yarn Store
Knitty
Crack for Knitters