4.06.2005

I am a fiber animal

For those of you into exotic fibers (possum, golden retriever, musk ox), feast your eyes on the soon-to-be-shorn fleece of the Hippy Chick:



I don't normally let my hair get this long. About 6 months ago I decided to donate my hair to Locks of Love, a charity that makes wigs for poor kids suffering from long-term hair loss. Although my hair was long enough to donate at the time, since then it has been very easy to procrastinate the haircut - I finally had an excuse for looking unkempt!






Hair today, gone tomorrow (well, actually Friday)

In the meantime my good friends Deb and Anne have both donated their hair, as has my niece Sarah. People were starting to seriously doubt my commitment to this enterprise, and suspect that I was morphing into Lady Godiva (the one immortalized by Tennyson and Collier, not the famous chocolatier).

So today I marched right into a downtown salon and made an appointment (actually arrived on horseback to much fanfare). Check back in a couple days for the big reveal, to borrow an ungrammatical term from the icky lexicon of reality television.

And if you are curious, I've posted a new Locks of Love button on the right sidebar. Click through if you want more info about their worthy cause and how you can help.

I'd love to hear your hair donation stories, and see before and after pics. Leave me a comment.
I've been tagged
Baby's first knitting lesson
Instant gratification
Every bag has a purple lining
Odds and ends
Ribbon scrunchie - free pattern
More backfill - Kool Aid and felting
The ice cream diet
Instant blog fodder
Everything you never wanted to know about me
My Local Yarn Store
Knitty
Crack for Knitters