3.16.2005

The many colors of Kool Aid

My knitting pal Anne whipped up these earflap hats to use up some of the Fisherman's wool she had dyed with Kool Aid:


Trio of Kool Aid-dyed earflap hats

They are from Sarah Peasley's free Cameron's Caps pattern, with some modifications, including a braided trim and eyelet lace on the pink hat.

They look better on kids than adults, though:

Anne, the elf-woman

I'm in a knitting funk because my secret project (don't look if you have recently given birth) is giving me grief. I completed the first side last fall, and apparently since then, either my gauge has changed or I have forgotten what size needles I used. About 30 rows in on size 7s, the cuff I am knitting now is noticeably larger and more loosely knit than the first sleeve. Now I am started over on 6s, but losing my enthusiasm for the project.

So last night at book club I cast on for the Kid Classic baby bonnet from Last Minute Knitted Gifts. I'll post a picture if mine when it is done, but in the meantime you can admire Jennie's. All I have to say about that yarn is - mmmnnn. Good thing I am on a yarn diet.

I get to teach drop-in tonight at the shop - I dig it the most.



(Open) Signs of Spring in Ann Arbor
And my new best friend is....
Beginner's Fair Isle Baby Hat - free pattern
The fifth obsession
Why is this woman smiling?
Fair Isle practice
Cakewalk Karma
Two birds with one stone
Clapotis est fini!
Happy International Women's Day
My Local Yarn Store
Knitty
Crack for Knitters