1.11.2009

It finally fits!

A former colleague recently sent me this photo of her daughter wearing a sweater I made for her last winter. Isn't she sweet?

I'm working on another baby sweater now - I started yesterday and have to be done by Wednesday - not sure if I will make it. I don't think I have finished a single knitting project this past year. I did start socks, a scarf, baby booties, another sweater... But this time I have a deadline so I am motivated!

The new job has been taking lots of mindshare and energy, so there hasn't been much spinning or weaving either - at least no finished projects. I have taken a few satisfying weaving classes -color and transparency with Lois Bryant, painted warps with Sarah Saulson, and doubleweave at Forma. I also finally took a class at Spinning Loft, drumcarding lovely batts with the always fascinating Abby Franquemont. Very inspiring, but my drumcarder still sits there collecting dust....

Guess I haven't blogged in awhile, either. I'm still here, just a bit distracted.

Labels:

another baby sweater...
babystuff
Not trafficking in baby animals, really
Some days are like that
Restraining Order
American Beauty
weaving class
yarn fairies
Coveting the scarves of friends
someone stop them!
My Local Yarn Store
Knitty
Crack for Knitters