2.12.2007

American Beauty

After a year of bitching and moaning, I have finally completed the American Beauty capelet. Here it is, modeled by my niece Caitlin:













Back view:
















This is the first and only commissioned work I have ever, and will ever, knit. It took me over a year to complete, in large part because every time I picked it up to knit, I was overcome by an overwhelming urge to hurl. I am not sure if it was because of the putrid color or because it wasn't socks. At any rate, from now on I only knit what I want, for the people I want to knit for.

BTW, the fringe is going away.
weaving class
yarn fairies
Coveting the scarves of friends
someone stop them!
...for destruction ice
Summer on the farm
The slow trip home
There's no place like home
I've been violated!
Grilled Nuthatch
My Local Yarn Store
Knitty
Crack for Knitters