4.01.2008

babystuff

I spun a wee bit of Lorna's Laces superwash merino for a Knittyspin review. It sortof kicked my ass but it turned out purty. Behold:


(And I do love that niddy noddy - I got it from Morgaine at SOAR but I can't remember the name that the thing is called.)

With the yarn, I made some baby socks for Ingrid's new Adelaide.
Normally I have a "no knitted gifts for knitting friends" policy. Since Ingrid is the most amazing knitter I know I am not sure what I am thinking giving her these, um, - shall we say rustic? - socks. But look at her!

In other baby knitting news, here is the latest office baby sweater:



The pattern is from the Nashua Handknits booklet Bloom. I used 1824 wool, and didn't knit to gauge, so following the infant size I got about a 6 month size. The baby is due in June, so that should work out OK.

No one else at work is pregnant (at least that I know), so I am off the hook for awhile. And anyway, Friday is my last day as a public servant so I guess it doesn't really matter!
Not trafficking in baby animals, really
Some days are like that
Restraining Order
American Beauty
weaving class
yarn fairies
Coveting the scarves of friends
someone stop them!
...for destruction ice
Summer on the farm
My Local Yarn Store
Knitty
Crack for Knitters