1.16.2007

someone stop them!

My co-workers keep reproducing, which has seriously cut into my sock-knitting time. This was for Meng's baby:

I had two balls of Artyarns Supermerino that were supposed to become socks. They reluctantly agreed to be a baby sweater. I added the grape, rose, and brown Mission Falls to stretch it out. I especially like the buttons:


Found 'em at Habermans, a truly amazing fabric store in Royal Oak. It is the sort of place that makes you want to dig out your sewing maching from underneath all the yarn and rovings.

You already saw this one I did for Jon's baby - here is a better shot of the sweater:



The pattern is Cottage Creations Babies & Bears; the yarn is Mission Falls 1812 Cotton. The buttons are little bears. This pattern is a bit fussy for me. I actually like kitchenering, but kitchenering up the back seam is a bit much, if you are a lazy knitter like me.

I have been looking at some beautiful yarn today by local fiber artists. Here are some links:
http://www.happyfuzzyyarn.com/ (great sock yarn!)
http://www.briarrosefibers.net/ (I have some of her Sonoma - yum!)
...for destruction ice
Summer on the farm
The slow trip home
There's no place like home
I've been violated!
Grilled Nuthatch
Knitting 90210
Pets or Meat
Maryland!
objet d'art or bucket of ass?
My Local Yarn Store
Knitty
Crack for Knitters