12.30.2006

There's no place like home

(Not that I ever lived in Kansas....)

We're in Lawrence visiting the Yarn Barn my folks. Getting some much-needed relaxation:


Socks that Rock, thanks to Jillian

Yarn Barn aside, Lawrence is home of other venerable fiber-arts institutions, including Sarah's Fabrics and Bonkers.


Bolts of Kaffe Fassett cottons...


Must!Resist!New!Fiber!Fetish!

Until I walked into the door at Sarah's, I had never even entertained the thought of taking up quilting. Until. I barely escaped. Stop me please.

I did drop some cash at the Yarn Barn. Aside from droolworthy yarn, they sell all sorts of equipment and supplies for spinning, weaving, and dying. I got some undyed Henry's attic sock yarn, some Bonkers sock yarn, some acid dyes, a book on silk painting. No, not a new hobby. It just looked interesting, m'kay?

To wrap up my first post in 6 months, I leave you with something pretty I made late this summer (with a little help from Lynne Vogel):


OK, a lot of help. Those are Lynne's hand-painted rovings. I want to be Lynne when I grow up. Wait a minute...

Leave me a comment if you missed me!
I've been violated!
Grilled Nuthatch
Knitting 90210
Pets or Meat
Maryland!
objet d'art or bucket of ass?
Words used to mean things...
The finger fairy
Snugglicious
Fleece Fair
My Local Yarn Store
Knitty
Crack for Knitters