3.03.2005

Happy Birthday, Evan

Today is Evan's second birthday.


Deb made Evan's cake - brownies with rasbperries. Yum!


Evan playing with his new "fire dungeon" (we think that means "fire engine")

I have been derelict in my duty as the host of the Llama Along. I have been neglecting my llama hat, in favor of Clapotis and my mystery crochet projects. If I told you more I'd have to kill you.

I won't bore you with another Clapotis photo, at least not until it is complete. I am on the decrease section now, so it won't be long.

I have had a very satisfying last few days, from a knitterly standpoint. First, Anne and I had a field trip to Detroit. Our first stop was the Murano glass exhibit at the DIA. I saw glass, but Anne saw design ideas for sweaters. Then we headed to City Knits in downtown Detroit. It is a great shop, and everything was 20% off, but I resisted. All I came home with was a single Chibi. Not a coveted pink Chibi, as made famous by the Green-Eyed Grrl, and like Lauren received as a gift recently. But Anne said she'd trade me for her pink one, and I am holding her to it.

Then on Monday, Anne took me to Fran's house to a monthly spinning and knitting gathering. It is the second month I have gone, and now I am excited to learn how to use my drop spindle. I wanted to take pictures of the lovely spinning wheels to post here, but I was feeling shy about pulling out the camera. Maybe next month.

And I almost forgot - last night I taught my first knitting class at the shop! The class was drop-in knitting, and I was actually able to answer people's questions. It was a rush to show people the magic of the mattress stitch. When you pull that yarn and the seam becomes invisible, and then the ooohs and ahhhs. I felt like a rock star.

Yes, I know that last paragraph contained a sentence fragment. Deal with it.

Dave is watching a show on Discovery about - I kid you not - a new device called the orgasmatron. Not the fictional one from a Woody Allen movie. The real thing. I need to see this.
Dumb idea department
Loopy Little Bag - free pattern
Brushes with fame
I have achieved llama feet
The letter of the law
The saddest Clapotis on the internet
Boys in their sweaters
I'm not in Kansas anymore
Tuesday is Llama day
Llama Lovers
My Local Yarn Store
Knitty
Crack for Knitters