1.18.2005

Baby, it's cold outside!

It is $&*#!@ cold outside! I left my hat at Kate's house last week, so I knit up a new one last night with the yarn left over from Joe's wine cozy.


Self-portrait, modelling the tassel hat.

Here's a better look at the hat:


Better look at the tassle hat. JoAnn Sensations Licorice and Paton's Cha Cha.

It has been so cold and dry here that the skin on my fingertips is starting to crack. The thumb of my left hand is so messed up it is getting pretty hard to knit. Dave fixed me up with some Crack Creme, which is helping, but not fast enough.

One of Dave's co-workers had a baby six weeks early, so I whipped up a quick preemie hat. When I got to the decreases I was too lazy to go upstairs and fetch the dpns, so I jury-rigged a solution with my handy Denise set! Here they are in action:


Look ma, no dpns!

Here's the finished hat. I quite like the decreases - SSK knitwise every other round.


Jared's preemie hat. Lana Grossa Big Wool, no pattern.





My knitting friends
Portrait of the Fiber Artist as a Young Man
Happy New Year
Happy Boxing Day
Let it Snow!
Felting Frenzy
Gotta figure out this blogging thing.
My Local Yarn Store
Knitty
Crack for Knitters