1.03.2005

Happy New Year

Last year my New Year's resolution - the first I've ever kept - was to learn how to knit. I've been knitting steadily since March, and now even have a part-time job at a yarn store to feed my habit.

I completed at least 53 projects in 2004. Nothing bigger than a child's sweater, but still. Here's a quick tally:

- 12 scarves
- 7 pair felted adult slippers
- 7 hats
- 6 felted bags
- 5 dishcloths
- 3 baby sweaters
- 3 pair felted baby slippers
- 3 scrunchies
- 2 ribbon bags
- 1 child sweater
- 1 pair socks
- 1 nosewarmer
- 1 wine bottle cozy
- 1 headband

I keep promising to create a gallery so that I can share with the blogosphere my evolution as a fiber artist.

Seriously, it feels good to have actually kept a resolution for once. I want to do it again this year. Instead of vowing to start a fitness program, stop swearing, learn Farsi, become vegan, or any other resolution doomed to failure, I am going to once again set goals I know I can reach. Here they are:

- eat more chocolate
- continue knitting

Perhaps I should set more specific goals. How about this:

- Become skilled at socks, especially of the toe-up/short-row toe and heel variety. At a minimum, make socks for me, Dave, Brian, and Evan.
- Complete at least two adult-sized sweaters, one for me and one for Geoffrey.
- Make myself an even bigger knitting bag!
- Use stash yarn for the above projects.
- Organize stash.
- Limit myself to one visit to elann.com (the "crack house for knitters") daily. I've already broken this one.

What are your resolutions, knitterly or non?


Happy Boxing Day
Let it Snow!
Felting Frenzy
Gotta figure out this blogging thing.
My Local Yarn Store
Knitty
Crack for Knitters